In the line of fire
Nato has deliberately targeted the
infrastructure of Yugoslavia. Below is a list of just some of what has
been either damaged or destroyed.
- The Varadin Bridge over the Danube.
- The new railway bridge over the Danube connecting
Bogojevo and Erdut.
- The bridge along the Nis-Pristina primary road,
- The bridge near Zubin Potole.
- The Zerstorte bridge in Novi Sad.
- The railway bridge on the river Lim, between
Priboj and Prijepolje, near the hydroelectric power station Bistrica.
- Railway station in Kraljevo (Bogutovac).
- Belgrade-Zagreb highway, near Stari Banovci.
- Jedinstvo bus station in Vranje.
- Kosmet Prevoz transporter in Gnjilane (a hangar
full of new buses).
- Batajnica and Surcin airports in Belgrade.
Industry and trade
- Galenika drug factory in Belgrade.
- Zdravlje pharmaceutical plant in Leskovac.
- Sloboda white goods factory in Cacak.
- Din tobacco industry in Nis.
- Div cigarette factory in Vranje.
- Binacka Morava hydro construction company in
- Nova Jugoslavija printers in Vranje.
- Facilities of the Beograd rail company in Nis.
- Over 250 commercial and crafts shops in
- Dijana shoe factory in Sremska Mitrovica.
- Zastava car factory in Kragujevac.
- Cotton yarn factory in Pristina.
- Krusik holding corporation in Valjevo.
- Surface coal mine Belacevac.
Refineries, warehouses and
- Fuel storage in Lipovica, which caused a great
fire in the Lipovica forest.
- Thermoelectric power station/boiler plant in Novi
- Oil refinery in Novi Sad.
- Petrochemical industry DP Hip Petrohemija in
- Fertilizer plant DP Hip Azotara in
- In forest fires caused by Nato cruise missiles
and bombs over 250 hectares of forests have been burned down.
- Several thousand hectares of fertile land, many
rivers, lakes and underground waters have been polluted due to the
spillage of petrochemical substances, oil spills and slicks.
Hospitals and healthcare centres
- Hospital and medical centre in the territory of
- Hospital and polyclinic in Nis.
- Gerontological Centre in Leskovac.
- General Hospital in Djakovica.
- City Hospital in Novi Sad.
- Gynaecological hospital and maternity ward of the
clinical centre in Belgrade.
- Emergency centre in Belgrade.
- Medical centre and ambulance centre in Aleksinac.
- Elementary schools 16 Oktobar and Vladimir
Rolovic in Belgrade.
- Vlahovic, Sangaj and Djuro Danicic and day care
centre Duga in Novi Sad and creches in Visarionova Street and in the
neighbourhood of Sangaj.
- Four elementary schools and a medical high school
in the territory of Leskovac.
- Elementary school in Lucane.
Public and housing facilities
- Severe damage to the TV RTS studio in Pristina.
- Refugee centre in Pristina.
- Tornik ski resort on Mount Zlatibor.
- Divcibare mountain resort
- Baciste Hotel on Mount Kopaonik.
- City power plant in the Krusevac.
- Meteorological station on Mount Kopaonik.
- Four libraries in Rakovica.
religious shrines and museums
- 14th century Monastery Gracanica.
- 17th century Monastery Rakovica.
- Church in Jelasnica near Surdulica.
- Monastery of the Church of St Juraj (built in
1714) in Petrovaradin.
- Monastery of Holy Mother (12th century) at the
estuary of the Kosanica in the Toplica.
- The fortress of Petrovaradin.
- The Tabacki bridge, four centuries old, in
- The archives housed in one of the government
buildings in Belgrade.
- Vojvodina mus eum in Novi Sad.